Tuesday, August 7, 2012

No Such Thing as a Quick, Easy Supper!

Today we faced our first big hurdle in that we didn't have a lot of time to cook supper.  We were busy running errands all afternoon and didn't get home until about 5:00.  My husband and I both had meetings tonight.  I had to leave by 6:00 and he by 6:30.  Normally on days like that, we would have stopped for pizza or burgers on the way home because there was not much time to cook.  So what to do? 

We grabbed some pork chops from the freezer and quickly thawed them in the microwave.  My husband rubbed them with some olive oil and spices and barbecued them while I threw together some raw veggies and dip.  We had supper ready in about 20 minutes, which was pretty good, and it tasted great!  The only drawback was the added stress, but I'm proud of us for not caving and taking the easy, wheat-filled way out!

I'll have to do some more research into fast-food restaurants that offer gluten-free options!

No comments:

Post a Comment